The work that is put into designing and building a website is known as website development or web development.
Web development involves anything from creating something simple like a plain-text webpage to designing an intricate social network or web application.
Various industries from retail, education, electronics, to fashion compete to have the best website and apps in terms of being highly engaging and user friendly.
A web development company specializes in providing these web development services. Web development companies have a team of software engineers, web designers, coders, marketing professionals, and managers that build a close relationship with their clients to bring their ideas to fruition.
What Does a Web Development Company do?
The main aim is to ideate, design, create and maintain applications and websites. Read on to see what they do in detail.
Website development services
Websites from company to company differ from one another. Keeping this in mind, a web development company customizes the look and feel of a website to suit its client’s unique preferences and needs. Websites developed these days focus on creating sites optimized to be used on a smartphone as well.
However, development is only one part of the process you also need to test what you develop, and a simple way to do this is with qa testing tools that will check to make sure everything in your checkout process is working as it should.
The approach a web development company takes to create your business site would depend on a range of factors such as:
- Long term and short term goals
- The type of business, B2B, B2C, C2C, etc.
- The domain or industry that you conduct business in
- The target demographics
- The budget for the website’s creation and maintenance
Mobile application development services
Research shows that the majority of the population spends most of their time on their mobile phones. Applications are created especially for mobile users and given below are the factors involved with the development of apps.
- Platforms to make your business app available for maximum traffic such as iOS and Android
- Type of industry
- Target demographics
- The budget required for creating and maintaining applications
Apart from this, there are a few activities that web development companies engage in.
- Integrating elements of media like audio, images, and video
- Back end coding and programming
- Publishing and optimizing content
- Beta Testing; testing the websites and apps before they launch
- Upgrading user interface (UI) and user experience (UX)
- Resolving problems and fixing viruses and bugs
- Performance and speed testing are conducted
The steps that a web development company follows to design a website
Have a plan
Planning a project involves setting a time period to outline the project plan, setting up calls and meetings to gain perspective on the objective and goals of the project, and identifying the client’s needs.
A few questions to be asked in this stage:
- What are the website’s goals
- Define the target audience and what they would want from the website
- What type of a website will it be such as an eCommerce store, blog, etc.
- Purpose of the content of the website
- How can the website be structured for the best navigation
- What is the budget
Answering these questions gives them a better idea to create and develop the website the way it needs to. The web development company then sends a quote once all of this has been discussed.
Create a blueprint
Mockups and prototypes are then created. This gives the client a feel of how their end product will be.
Design the Website
Once the blueprint is approved, the look and feel of the website and application that is the UI and UX are designed. This includes creating graphics, signage, buttons, icons, effects, color schemes, transitions, etc. followed by the coding and programming of the other aspects.
Quality control is an ongoing process of web development and design and development. This step assures that a thorough quality check is done before the launch of the product to fix any bugs or faults.
Once the website and app and website, it’s the web development company’s responsibility to provide continued support. This involves backend support, weekly or monthly meetings, troubleshooting, data reporting, and re-optimization.
The client is also trained in detail on how the website functions. This step ensures that the client’s team can get acquainted with the site’s know-how and what parts can be handled on their end.
Web developing companies are changing the game by revamping websites, enhancing their quality, and improving a brand’s visibility and reach.