The Black Friday sales have passed. The festive marketing plans are in place. And your business just about feels ready to cope with anything that the rest of 2017 has to throw at it.
However, the need for success doesn’t end on December 31st, which is why you must cast one eye to 2018 and beyond.
There’s still plenty of time to make the subtle changes needed to make 2018 your company’s best year to date. Try some of these on for size, and you’ll be sure to hit the ground running once January arrives.
- Upgrade the staff: Employees can be your greatest asset, but only if you empower them. Whether it’s recruiting new people, outsourcing a few tasks, or investing in staff training will vary between companies. Either way, squeezing more out of your team will spearhead greater success throughout the whole of 2018 and beyond. Frankly, this should be the starting point for all entrepreneurs heading into the new year.
- Boost your SEO: A new year can be a great time to think about updating logos, web designs, and color schemes. However, you don’t want to do that just yet as it could alienate clients at the most pivotal time of year for sales. One thing you can do, though, is getting more traffic to the site by incorporating the latest SEO. Google’s advanced algorithm has evolved, but the importance of getting on the front page is the same. Now is the time to target that goal.
- Reduce financial waste: One of the company’s main targets for next year should be to limit waste to a minimum. Embrace simple accounting skills while searching for better deals on various key expenses over the next few weeks. Even if you cut monthly expenditure by 10% in time for January, the impact it can have on the business is vast. Above all else, though, you need to find a way of making better use of your time. Do this, and greater success will be guaranteed.
- Improve security: Of course, you’ve already installed cameras and similar features. Likewise, you’ve taken out the necessary patents and legal documents to protect your ideas. The biggest threat, however, comes from digital communications. Updating systems and routines to incorporate secure fax operations will take matters to the next level. For the sake of the clients, company, and colleagues, overlooking this element is not an option. Now is the time to make those moves.
- Gain excitement: In 2018, your company needs to be bigger and better than ever. It could mean launching a new product, a loyalty scheme, or using greater customer interaction. This choice will depend largely on your current situations. Whatever solution feels right for you, building that sense of heightened anticipation ahead of the new year is key. Use the next few weeks to tease the upcoming changes and use social media to interact with customers. Once those new ideas are incorporated, the immediate impact should be great.
With a month to go until the year is over, finding time to put the wheels in motion shouldn’t be difficult. If it gives you a head start in the battle for supremacy in 2018, it surely has to be worth the effort.