Land and property have always been very powerful resources. Giving people the ability to support their family, keep all of their belongings safe, and even make some money on the side, this sort of tool is very important in the modern age.
As the population increases, it only gets more lucrative to be in this market. Of course, though, traditional property investment is boring, and you might want to try something which will be a little more involved. To help you out with this, this post will be exploring some of the opportunities you have when you’re trying to follow this sort of path.
To make sure that you start off on the right foot, you can find some of the different property types which this can work with below.
Not every structure will be suitable for this, and it will be important to figure this out before you start, as it can be hard to go back to the drawing board once you’ve started out. Of course, you could always sell what you have and buy something more suitable if your space isn’t quite right.
- Barns/Sheds: Large outdoor structures are often perfect for this sort of idea. Having been built to withstand the elements and stay strong, they are usually incredibly well built, giving them the resilience to deal with so much foot traffic. Along with this, they are cheap to maintain, while also requiring little infrastructure to stay safe. Of course, though, you may not be able to find a place like this in a city.
- Warehouses: This sort of building is designed for industrial work and self storage, making them excellent for anyone who wants to have a themed business. They will have loads of space, will be easy to maintain, and will often be in prime areas. Altogether, this provides you with loads of freedom, while also removing some of the stress which can come with space which has been built especially for you.
- Empty Homes: There are thousands of empty homes all over the world, and there could be loads of reasons for yours to be sitting without anyone using it. Like a warehouse, then the nature of a regular home makes it great for themed businesses. Along with this, though, they can also make great standard spaces, providing you with the opportunity to pick and choose exactly what you’d like from it.
- Floors: Owning a floor in an older office block can be more of a curse than a blessing. With all of the ultra-modern options out there, a lot of businesses won’t want to an older versions, and this can leave these spaces empty for a long time. To solve this issue, repurposing the space to suit a different kind of client could be the best route to go down, giving you the chance to make money once again.
- Retail Units: The sort of buildings that are used to house retail stores are often in great positions. Along with this, they will almost always be built with adaptation in mind, making them perfect for the approach you’re taking. You don’t have to open a shop to use it, though. Instead, you have loads of routes to choose from when it comes to bringing your retail unit up to standard.
If you have access to space like one of the ones above, you have the chance to start a business in almost any field. Of course, though, not all of them will have space as their primary requirement.
This post isn’t worried about the others, and will only be focusing on options that will make proper use of your space, enabling you to avoid having to invest in other areas to start your company.
Below, you can find some prime ideas which can get you started on your own.
- A Car Park: To kick this off, it’s time to think about an idea that will only work if your business is in the right place. Being near airports, popular tourist spots, and other destinations that see a lot of traffic will make it easy to notice how little parking is available in modern cities. Having a secure space gives you the power to start offering this sort of service. All you will need is a basic website, some insurance, and some adverts to go around the web, with this being everything most new businesses need to get their name into the world.
- Self-Storage: Keeping vehicles safe isn’t the only kind of storage that can work for this kind of business, though. You will need to make sure that your place is completely secure, along with being dry, warm, and free from pests like rats and insects. If your space meets these requirements, it could be perfect for the purposes of a self-storage company. Like storing cars, it won’t take much to get something like this off of the ground, as it’s a service that people will always be using.
- Panic Rooms: Over the last few years, adventure-style puzzles and games have started to become very popular among adults. Having to work together to escape a locked room which is filled with clues, these are great for team-building exercises and parties alike, opening the doors to loads of different kinds of clients. Of course, a franchise opportunity like this isn’t always available. So, if this is something you could feel passionate about, it could be worth jumping the gun and getting started with your new company.
- A Set: TV shows, movies, and loads of other forms of entertainment are always on the lookout for homes that can be used assets. It’s too expensive to build fake spaces for this job, and modern recording equipment doesn’t require huge spaces anymore, making a regular home perfect for this sort of work. It will have to be kept clean and tidy, but this sort of role could give you the chance to give your home a new lease on life. This makes it well worth it for anyone who owns an empty home.
- An Arena: Laser tag, Nerf wars, and loads of other lighthearted combat games have started to become popular in recent years. Making it practically impossible for people to get hurt, this sort of idea is much safer than a lot of the alternatives, while also being incredibly cheap and easy to get started with. Of course, while something like this is nice and safe, it will still be worth having some insurance. If you already have space, though, this will be pretty much the only other thing you need to spend money on before you can kick things off.
- Advertising Spaces: Filling a retail space with something other than a store can often feel counterproductive. In reality, though, the window space and location you have could be far more valuable than any company which you could put inside. This makes this sort of property excellent for hosting adverts, as this won’t cost you anything, but will give you the chance to start making money almost right away. Over the last few years, this has become one of the more lucrative markets in the world.
Of course, there will be a little more to start one of these businesses than simply owning a space. Along with this, you will have to learn about finances, law, and loads of other important areas, giving you the foundations to run a company.
Along with this, you will also have to research the field you’re about to become a part of.
There would be no point in starting a business in a saturated market, and you may also find that your product wouldn’t be right for the people in the area you’d be selling it to.
It won’t stop with learning, though, as you’ll also have to sink a lot of your time into marketing your new venture.
There are loads of ways to achieve a goal like this, with websites like Facebook and Instagram offering some of the best options, and you can often find companies willing to help you for very little in return.
This used to be the most expensive part of starting a new company. If you take the right path, though, you can get the word out about your company for practically nothing at all.
Finally, as the last part of this, being as creative as possible will be important throughout this project. Finding ways to make your business cheaper can be a challenge, and this company needs to cost as little as possible.
Likewise, coming up with an idea which people love will also be hard, and you may need to spend a bit of time going through ideas before landing on the right one. It can be easy to get lost in this work but will be worth it once you’re up and running.
With all of this in mind, you should be feeling ready to take on your own space-based business venture. When you have a resource like this, you have loads of freedom to get started with something out of the ordinary, even if it takes more work along the way.
A lot of people choose to stick with regular investment when it comes to property. This is a shame, though, as it can be much more liberating to choose a path in which you find fun.