When it comes to improving your finances their are a lot of different ways to go about doing this. One that has worked well for me was starting this blog. Starting this blog has helped me pay off my credit card debt, and save extra cash on the side.
More than that I’ve been able to take my family some great vacations from a cabin in the mountains of Virgina, to going to the beaches of Hilton Head, South Carolina.
On top of that I’ve been able to attend conferences such as Affiliate Summit Central, and the Share A Sale Think Tank which were both held in Austin, Texas. The income from my blog is also allowing me to attend the FINCON Expo which will be held in New Orleans this coming September.
Finally, the biggest thing I was able to achieve with my extra income was that I was able to build a brand new house and this was no easy thing to accomplish but it was one goal I really wanted to achieve and in 2013 I was able to do just that. Below is a picture of what my house looks like.
Now I don’t say all this to brag but rather to show this is what you can accomplish if you start a blog. Now I’m not going sugar coat things and make it sound like it was just that easy because it wasn’t.
In 2008 I was living a paycheck to paycheck lifestyle and I had to work very hard and I am very thankful for the opportunities I have been given and the goals I have achieved so far.
I should also mention that I am in no way anywhere close to where I want to be yet but when it comes down to it, it’s the journey I enjoy and I know some great things are in store yet and I can’t wait to get going.
So if you haven’t listen to this episode now.
In This Episode…
• I’ll give you the good and the bad when it comes to starting a blog.
• I’ll also give you a simple method you can use to create income fast.
• Finally I’ll share a few tools I used to get my blog up and running fast.
Links Mentioned In This Episode
- Modest Money Top Finance Blogs – Use this tool to seek out and find other top notch finance blogs such as this one.
- Smart Passive Income – A great blog that shows you unique ways to earn a passive income online.
- Namecheap – Where I buy my domain names for my websites.
- Hostgator – The hosting company I’m currently using to host my blog.
- Bluehost – Another hosting company I’m considering moving to.
- Stumble Forward Podcast Episode 10 – In this episode of the SFP podcast I interviewed Harry Campbell and talked about ways to earn multiple streams of income.
- How To Set Up A Blog In 4 Minutes Or Less – In this video you’ll learn how to set up a blog and get up in running in no time at all.
- Elance.com – This is a great place to go to outsource things you may not know how to do such tech stuff, design, or even content writing.
- Fiverr.com – Another site you can use to outsource stuff but the best part is most jobs will only cost you $5 do get them done.
- Problogger Job Board – Looking to earn a little extra cash on the side? Then check out this great job board to help you get started.
- WordPress.org – A content management system used to manage and run your website and best of all it’s completely free.
- Internet Business Mastery – Starting a new website can be a bit overwhelming so one place I recommend to help you get your business up and running fast is this great internet marketing course. It’s also the program I use as well.
When it comes to starting a blog their can be a lot of things to consider before you get started however the most important thing is that you just get started. Whether you are ready or not it’s important that you just get started and get your site going because you never will know if something truly works until you take that chance.
I would like to hear your thoughts as well, have you considered starting a blog or do you already have one? You share your thoughts in the comments below.
Finally, if you get a chance subscribe to my podcast and leave a review which you can do over in iTunes and Stitcher. Check out the links below and do that now.
Thanks for listening and I will see you in the next episode.