Some people might argue that stocks are the best place, or that forex trading is, and the biggest one I’ve seen lately is investing in gold. Now I think all three of these places are a great way to invest money but one place I’ve been dabbling in a lot over the past few years is investing my money in online businesses.
This might sound like an odd way to invest money but in this article I will compare the risk , show you why starting an online business is the best way to go, and show you how to get started.
Consider The Risk
To start let’s compare the risk of stocks, forex, and gold first.
- Could Lose Value. First off, all three of these investments could lose value. This also means their is no guarantee that you will also earn any profit at all.
- Complicated. Second, investing in stocks, forex, and gold, can be a bit overwhelming and complicated to the beginner. This leaves you open to the possibility of losing a lot of money if you’re not careful.
- No Control. Finally, the last risk all of these investment opportunities has in common is that you have no control over what is happening. If the market tanks you can’t do anything to push it back up.
Now that we know the risk basic risk stocks, gold, and forex trading have with them let’s see how starting an online business compares.
- May Not Make Money Right Away. When I started my online business I did make money in my first year but it wasn’t much. In fact it took me nearly 2 years to start reaping the fruits of my labor.
- Time Requirements. Secondly, when you are starting an online business you will have to dedicate some sort of time towards your business in order to get it off the ground, however this doesn’t mean you have to put in a 40 hour week. In fact I can take as much time off as I need and things will keep running.
- Knowledge. This business will require some know how about the internet and how to make money with it. In fact when I got started in this business only a few short years ago I started with no knowledge as to how to do this but with a little help to point me in the right direction I was on my way.
- Will Require Some Upfront Cost. Finally, this kind of business will require some upfront cost. In my case was the cost of buying a domain name for $9 a year, and a hosting fee of $10 a month to start my site. So even though their is an upfront cost it can very minimal.
Why An Online Business Is The Best Place To Invest Money
Now that we’ve evaluated the risk associated with investing in an online business their are several huge benefits that also come along with this option.
The Market. First off, the market is flat out wide open. A lot of people might argue this point but I can prove it. Just consider this site which is centered around one of the hardest financial topics in the industry. Their are hundreds of thousand of people online these days, in fact let’s consider the term “mortgage.”
In the picture above their are over 11 million people who type in a search phrase in Google with the word mortgage in it every month. Also take note of how competitive this market is as well. With a low competition and a large search volume it can be one of the best place to invest money now.
Low Volatility. Another great thing about investing into an online business is that volatility is very minimal. With stocks, gold, and forex trading you run the risk in losing value every day. To prove my point check out the chart below.
Even the S&P 500 has a lot of volatility, and when the market goes down you lose money. In fact in early August of 2011 the market seen a huge decline and has been roller costing up and down ever since. Now let’s look at how my online business compares.
When we look at the earning of my online business over the last year we can see a lot of ups and downs but if you notice on the top it shows that my estimated daily earnings were around $34.27. Even though things are going up and down it doesn’t necessarily mean I’m losing value, it just means I’m earning various amounts each day and when you add them up at the end of the month I’m always in the black.
Control. Finally, the last reason I believe an online business is the best place to invest your money right now is because it allows you to have complete control. If you invest in gold and the market tanks what are your options? You could sell your gold and take the loss, or you could hang in their until the market returns, other than that you have no real control.
Now let’s consider the online business. If things tank you could build up your sites content, test different advertisers, try different monitization methods, and the list goes on and on. In fact I recently went through some tough times this last year when Google made some algorithm changes to their search engine, however this doesn’t mean my business lost value. In fact my business is doing better than ever.
How Much Is My Investment Really Worth
Finally before I close this article I want to show you how much my business is really worth. At this point my online business is earning around $1000 on average each month. Over an entire year that’s $12,000 in earnings. If you were earning a 5% interest rate, how much money would you need to earn $12,000 in interest each year?
The answer, you would need an account with $240,000 earning a 5% interest rate to pay you $12,000 a year. Now let me ask you this. How long would it take you to save $240,000? Could you do it in 10,15, or even 20 years? I did it in less than 2 years by starting an online business.
Where To Get Started
Now if all this seam interesting to you, you might be wondering how you could get a part of this opportunity? To get started check out The Keyword Academy. The Keyword Academy is an online membership site that shows you how to take advantage of the opportunities I covered in this article. So get started today and check out The Keyword Academy today.
In the end when you’re thinking about where is the best place to invest your money consider starting an online business as a way to invest your future and get ahead in your life. Also feel free to share your thoughts, comments, and questions below.
This article was included in the carnival of personal finance by Squirrelers.