Lately, I’ve been talking about prepaid debit cards since a lot of people have been in a huge uproar about the recent increase in fees from the Bank of American. So in this article I’m going to present a different solution, the almart MoneyCard(SM) Visa® Prepaid Card, also known as the Walmart MoneyCard, and in this article we are going to see just how this card stacks up.
Walmart Prepaid Credit Card Fees
To start let’s consider the fees on this card. So here is what I’ve found.
- Activation Fee. The Walmart prepaid card has no activation fee that I can find.
- Purchase Transaction Fees. This card also carries no purchase transaction fees.
- Reload fees. This card does carry a reload fee of $3 however if you use direct deposit or cash an eligible payroll check the fee will be waived.
- ATM Fees. Additional ATM fees may apply when you use this card at a different banks ATM.
- Annual Fee. This card also has no annual fee which is rare among prepaid debit cards.
- Overdraft Fees. Finally, this card has no overdraft fees if you should happen to spend over your limit.
So when it comes down to it I give the Walmart prepaid debit card high marks for low fees. Now let’s see how the rest of the card stacks up.
Features Of The Prepaid Walmart Card
So now that we have the fees out of the way let’s cover the features and see if the is card is worth the buy.
- No Credit Check. With this card it doesn’t require you to have your credit checked which makes a great option for those with bad credit.
- No Bank Account Needed. With this card you don’t even need to have it attached to your savings or checking account to use. However you still have the option if you want to.
- No Wait For The Card. Unlike most banks you will have to wait to get a card, however with the Walmart prepaid money card you can pick up a temporary card at Walmart till you get your permanent one.
- Track Your Spending. This card also allows you to track spending online so you can plan and budget your money. I should also mention this card works get when you attach it to your Mint.com account.
- Protection Plan. The prepaid debit card Walmart offers also has a zero liability policy that protects you in the event your card is lost, stolen, or even if an unauthorized purchase is made.
- Use It Anywhere. Finally, one of the great things about the prepaid credit card Walmart has is that it can be used anywhere since the card is offered through Visa and MasterCard. Personally I like it because it allows me carry less cash around.
As a final thought on the Walmart Debit Card consider the fees your current debit card is charging and if you don’t like how things stack up fire them and get the Walmart MoneyCard(SM) Visa® Prepaid Card today.